Q: phonetic transcriptions of personal nouns -- database?

Brian MacWhinney macw at mac.com
Thu Sep 29 17:01:57 UTC 2005

Dear Luca,
    I'm not sure I can help you with the personal names, but maybe it
would be useful for me and others
to learn a bit also about how this phonetic transcription was
composed.  Did the creators take the current CHILDES
corpora and then just run them through the MAKEMOD program using
CMULEX (available on the server).  Or did they
do something different.  If they did additional work and/or cleaned
up missing pieces of CMULEX and its output, then
it would be good to make their results available more widely.  Many
thanks.

--Brian MacWhinney