problems with SIL fonts

Þóra Másdóttir thoramas at tv.is
Mon Apr 24 11:11:23 UTC 2006

Hello

I use IPA SIL fonts for phonetic transcriptions regularly and have not
encountered any problems until now.  I just bought a new laptop and
downloaded the fonts successfully.  But as soon as I turn off the laptop,
the fonts disappear from the MS Word symbols.  I contacted sil.org and was
advised to save Doulos SIL on my desktop and then drag the font (TrueType
icon) into C:\Windows\Fonts (and restarted the laptop).  I did but still it
didn’t work.  Could anyone please tell me what the problem is?

Thank you,

Thora Masdottir

PhD student