Fw: Diminutives

Jean Berko Gleason gleason at bu.edu
Fri Aug 11 17:43:10 UTC 2006

Hello Zuzana

We looked at diminutives in English parent speech a few years ago, and
reported on it in this chapter...we also described how we did it, though
the CLAN procedures have changed somewhat.  But this is the general idea!

Jean Berko Gleason

Gleason, J. Berko, Perlmann, R. Y., Ely, D.,& Evans, D. (1994).  The
babytalk register: Parents' use of diminutives.  In J. L. Sokolov & C.
E. Snow (Eds.), Handbook of Research in Language Development Using
CHILDES.  Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates