book on language development

Roberta Golinkoff roberta at UDel.Edu
Wed Feb 15 15:50:23 UTC 2006

Hi Katie! If you wanted to read about research in language and
cognitive development, and reach your research participants by helping
them understand the importance of linguistic and cognitive stimulation,
I would recommend, in the finest tradition of total lack of bias, the
following books:

Golinkoff, R. M., & Hirsh-Pasek, K. (1999). How babies talk: The magic
and mystery of language
in the first three years. New York City, NY: Dutton/Penguin Press.

Hirsh-Pasek, K., & Golinkoff, R. M. with Eyer, D. (2003). Einstein
never used flash cards: How
our children really learn and why they need to play more and memorize
less. Emmaus, PA: Rodale
Press.

All best, Roberta
Roberta Michnick Golinkoff, Ph. D.
H. Rodney Sharp Professor
School of Education and Departments of Psychology and Linguistics
University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716
Office: 302-831-1634; Fax: 302-831-4110
Web page: http://udel.edu/~roberta/
Please check out our doctoral program at
	http://www.udel.edu/educ/graduate/