directing freq output?

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Mon Jul 3 13:00:44 UTC 2006

Dear Lotte,
     Questions on CLAN functions are really supposed to be posted to
info-chibolts, but for convenience, let me answer yours here.
Basically, you should be using the +d2 option in
FREQ.  This creates output for the STATFREQ program.  STATFREQ is
very happy to create lots of zeroes for missing material in just the
right EXCEL format.   Here is the command that I used on the ne20
sample directory in the CLAN/lib/samples folder

statfreq stat.out.cex +t*CHI +f +d

After you run that, you are told that you are next supposed to run

statfreq stat.out.cex +f +d

And then your output is in stat.out.sat.cex

Good luck with this,

Brian MacWhinney