2006 Child Phonology Conference - FINAL REMINDER - Preregistration Deadline May 1

Pollock, Karen karen.pollock at ualberta.ca
Tue May 2 17:00:47 UTC 2006

The pre-registration deadline for the 2006 International Child Phonology
Conference was May 1.  You can still register for the conference - if
you sent it via mail and the envelope is postmarked May 2 (or earlier),
we will still honor the pre-registration rate.  Note:  I have sent out
confirmations to those whose registrations have been received, so if you
sent your registration but have not yet received a confirmation from me,
please let me know as soon as possible.

If you miss the pre-registration deadline, but are planning on
attending, please let me know so that I can have an accurate idea of how
many people to expect (for room set-up, catering, etc.).  In addition,
even if you plan to register on-site, it would be most helpful if you
could send me the registration information (affiliation, address, etc.)
ahead of time, so that I can include your information on the list of
participants.

Registration info is on the conference website
(http://www.rehabmed.ualberta.ca/spa/phonology/2006 Child Phonology
Conference.htm <http://www.rehabmed.ualberta.ca/spa/phonology/2006 Child
Phonology Conference.htm> ) and also copied below for your convenience.

Also note that the deadline for booking guest rooms at the Lister
Conference Centre is May 15 (details below and on website).  The
conference program is also on the website.

Thanks!
Karen Pollock

REGISTRATION FEES:

Pre-registration (regular) - by May 1, 2006         $40 Cdn   (or $35
US)

Pre-registration (student) - by May 1, 2006        $25 Cdn   (or $22 US)

After May 1, 2006, or onsite registration (all)    $50 Cdn   (or $45 US)

Note:  Thanks to generous support from the Faculty of Rehabilitation
Medicine at the University of Alberta, conference registration fees are
minimal.  Fees include refreshments provided at an evening reception on
June 16 and during breaks on both meeting days.

HOW TO REGISTER:

Please send a check or money order (in Canadian or US funds), payable to
the University of Alberta.  (Sorry, we are not able to accept credit
card payments)

Include the following information with your registration:
      Name
Affiliation
Street Address
City
Province/State
Country
Postal/Zip Code
Telephone
Fax
Email

Send to:
    2006 Child Phonology Conference
    Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology
    2-70 Corbett Hall
    University of Alberta
    Edmonton, AB T6G 2G4
    Canada

Note:  Please allow 7-10 days for mail from the U.S. to reach Canada.
If you prefer, you may fax your registration information to (780)
492-9333 or send an email to karen.pollock at ualberta.ca
<mailto:karen.pollock at ualberta.ca>  and send the check in the mail.

ACCOMMODATIONS:

A block of rooms has been reserved for June 15-18 at the Lister
Conference Centre on the University of Alberta campus, the same building
where the conference is being held.  Hotel-style queen or double rooms
are $85 CDN per night. This rate includes overnight parking and
continental breakfast.  For more budget-conscious attendees,
dormitory-style rooms are also available for $35-45 CDN per night.  You
must call and make your own reservations before May 15.  To make
reservations, call 1-780-492-6057 or send an email to
guest.services at ualberta.ca <mailto:guest.services at ualberta.ca> .
Reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card (VISA or MasterCard
only - they do not accept American Express).  Be sure to indicate that
you are attending the Child Phonology Conference.

If you prefer to stay at another location, see the list of other nearby
accommodations on the conference website.

GROUND TRANSPORTATION:

Transportation to and from the Edmonton International Airport is offered
by Sky Shuttle - $15 CDN one way, or $25 CDN for an open-ended return.
Although not a regularly scheduled stop, the Sky Shuttle will drop off
at the Lister Conference Centre on request.  When returning to the
airport, the Sky Shuttle will also pick up at the Lister Centre on a
pre-arranged basis with at least one-hour advance notice.