Call for Papers: Linguistic Ethnography Seminar:

Marta Casla marta.casla at uam.es
Fri Nov 10 10:32:41 UTC 2006

Dear Everyone, below you have the call for a seminar we are organizing next
spring (sorry for cross-posting). Please share the information with
colleagues and do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks
David Poveda
--------------------------------

Linguistic Ethnography Seminar

Theme: "Linguistic ethnographies of children and youth"
Date: 14 April 2007
Location: Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Madrid (Spain)

  The aim of the seminar is to present and discuss work focusing on any
empirical, theoretical or methodological issue arising when conducting
linguistic ethnographic research with children and youth as the main
participants. We welcome proposals that deal with any of the above issues
in a variety of social, institutional and cultural contexts. A theme that
we hope to explore during the seminar are the possible relationships
between linguistic ethnography focused on children and youth and other
disciplines working with similar interests such as developmental
psychology, education or child studies.

If you would like to present a paper at the seminar please send an e-mail
message to David Poveda (see below for full contact details) with an
abstract of about 300 words with a title and full contact details before
January 8th 2007. A full program will be circulated about February 15th
2007 with information regarding registration, venue and other practical
matters of interest for those who wish to attend the seminar. For any
questions do not hesitate to contact any of the organizers.

David Poveda (david.poveda at uam.es)
Marta Casla (marta.casla at uam.es)
Ana María Relaño-Pastor (may.relano at uam.es)

David Poveda
Departamento de Psicología Evolutiva y de la Educación
Facultad de Psicología
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
Campus de Cantoblanco
28049 Madrid
España

correo-e: david.poveda at uam.es
tlf: (34) 91-497-3250
http://www.uam.es/david.poveda

Papeles de Trabajo sobre Cultura, Educación y Desarrollo Humano
Working Papers on Culture, Education and Human Development
<http://www.uam.es/ptcedh>http://www.uam.es/ptcedh