research question

FELDMAN ANDREA feldman at stripe.colorado.edu
Thu Oct 19 14:30:15 UTC 2006

I am looking for current research articles about possible connections
between critical thinking skills and increasingly complex sentence
structures.  Specifically, I am wondering about neural links between types
of sentence structure (simple, compound, compound-complex) used by college
writers, and higer-level critical thinking skills. The evidence could come
from acquisition of these strucutres (in children) or from loss of these
structures (aphasia).  I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions you
might have for this research.

Thank you.

Andrea Feldman

  Dr. Andrea Feldman, Instructor
  University of Colorado at Boulder
  317 UCB, ENVD Bldg.
  Program for Writing and Rhetoric Boulder, CO 80309-0317
  303-492-4396
  FAX 303-492-7877 feldman at spot.colorado.edu