Studying linguistics abroad in Spanish

Blume, Maria mblume at utep.edu
Thu Oct 26 16:42:09 UTC 2006

Dear colleagues:

I have a very bright undergraduate student who is majoring in Education (Early Childhood) and Linguistics. She has just taken 2 or 3 basic linguistics courses and she is interested in doing a year abroad in a Spanish-speaking country (it could be Latin America or Spain). We are in the US border with Mexico, so my student is perfectly fluent in both languages. She just wants to have the experience of being in a different community while continuing her studies in Linguistics and Language Acquisition.

We've been searching the web but it is dificult to find information for visiting students. Any suggestion on what good programs are there and who to contact?

Thanks, María

María Blume
Assistant Professor
Department of Languages and Linguistics