first word

Ann Peters ann at hawaii.edu
Tue Sep 12 19:44:39 UTC 2006

One last comment from the last time zone in the world.
My son's first recognized word (at 10 or 11 months) was "Hi!". It was so
clear, and yet I doubted it was more than a fluke because it didn't fit my
stereotype of what a "first word" should sound like. He said it when I
came into his room for the first time one morning. The next morning as I
went into his room I heard myself saying "Hi!" I was convinced.
ann

Dr. Ann M. Peters, Professor Emeritus
Graduate Chair                      http://www.ling.hawaii.edu/
Department of Linguistics
University of Hawai`i               email: ann at hawaii.edu
1890 East West Road, Rm 569         phone: 808 956-3241
Honolulu, HI  96822                 fax:   808 956-9166
http://www.ling.hawaii.edu/faculty/ann/