No subject

Gabriela Simon-Cereijido gsimonce at crl.ucsd.edu
Tue Sep 19 21:12:36 UTC 2006

Dear info-childes members:

We are starting a project with preschoolers with language impairment. We
would like to record approximately 8 hours of language samples and testing
per child over a year. The interactions take place in both classrooms and
evaluation rooms. All the interactions are one-to-one.

Our question is regarding pros and cons of using compressed WAV versus
uncompressed WAV files (and the corresponding digital recorder). We need
to consider both cost and storage of digital files.

Looking forward to reading your good suggestions!
Gabriela Simon-Cereijido
Doctoral student, JDP in Lang & Comm Dis, SDSU/UCSD