Non-native parents and child's acqusition of English in Japan

Mei Lin mei.lin at newcastle.ac.uk
Tue Apr 10 16:45:03 UTC 2007

To whom it may concern,

I have an MA student from Japan who is interested in doing her
dissertation on bilingual first language acquisition in non-native
parent families.  She has found three families in Japan.  Both
parents are beginners of English, but are willing to teach English to
their children of three years old 10-half hour per day for three
months using storied, rhymes or songs.

I would like to hear from those who have done or know any of studies
of this kind so that my student can get some ideas of how to measure
the language acquisition.

Thanks

Mei

Dr Mei Lin
Programme Leader for Bilingual Education
School of Education, Communication & Language Sciences
King George VI Building
University of Newcastle
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 7RU