communication behavior towards children/people with language deficits

Marita Böhning boehning at ling.uni-potsdam.de
Mon May 14 08:35:36 UTC 2007

Dear colleagues,

a colleague of mine is looking for articles that deal with communication
bahavior and language use when parents, care-givers, therapists etc. are
communicating with people / children that have communication / language
deficits.  I know there are studies on parents who were communicating
differently with their children with Down Syndrome in comparison to their
children without Down syndrome, including encouraging the latter more to
use language. However, my colleague is looking for more results on such
behavior (other populations). I am sure there is a lot being done by some
of you.

We would be very grateful for any article suggestions on this topic.
Thank you!!!

Kind regards,

Marita Boehning & Ulrike Frank
(University of Potsdam, Germany)