Question on Syntactic Bootstrapping

Doug Harris cats22 at frontiernet.net
Wed Oct 10 15:21:46 UTC 2007

Speaking of _bootstrapping_, I heard an interesting variation
of that (source) word the other day, I believe it was on
NPR, while I was _so_ otherwise engaged I couldn't make a
written note to myself on it:
A man was talking about, I believe, how his town would struggle
together after some disaster or other and "pull its bootstrings
up" and work toward recovery, or whatever.
I'm sorry I can't be more precise on the source.
(the other) doug