generative grammar and acquisition

Jay McClelland jlm at psych.stanford.edu
Mon Oct 15 16:49:05 UTC 2007

For an alternative perspective, particularly in relation to the views of
Jackendoff, but also to the entire Chomskyian paradigm, I invite readers
of this list to take a look at the following papers.

 -- Jay McClelland

Bybee, J. and McClelland, J. L. (2005). Alternatives to the
combinatorial paradigm of linguistic theory based on domain general
principles of human cognition. /The Linguistic Review, 22(2-4)/, 381-410.

http://psychology.stanford.edu/~jlm/papers/BybeeMcC05.pdf

McClelland, J. L. and Bybee, J. (in press). Gradience of Gradience: A
reply to Jackendoff. /The Linguistic Review./

http://psychology.stanford.edu/~jlm/papers/McCBybeeIPRepToJkndf.pdf