PhD positions in Bayesian models of Language Acquisition

Katherine Demuth Katherine_Demuth at brown.edu
Mon Oct 15 21:42:24 UTC 2007

PhD positions in Bayesian models of Language Acquisition

We have several positions available for PhD students in our NSF-
funded research project on Bayesian models of language acquisition.
Applicants should have a solid mathematical and/or computational
background and will work on projects such as data analysis using
forced-alignment speech-recognition technology and developing
Bayesian models of language acquisition and language and vision. We
expect to provide successful applicants with full financial support
and a cross-disciplinary training program with a strong emphasis on
Computer Science and/or Applied Mathematics. Applications for
admission should be made to the graduate program of the Department of
Cognitive and Linguistic Sciences at Brown University by January 2,
2008.

For further information contact Mark Johnson (Mark_Johnson at brown.edu)
or Katherine Demuth (Katherine_Demuth at brown.edu).