personal narrative task for 5-yr-olds

Akke de Blauw a.deblauw at chello.nl
Fri Sep 14 08:02:50 UTC 2007

dear Magdalena

I would suggest the methodology of the classic study of narratives:
C.Peterson and A. McCabe (1983) 'Developmental Psycholinguistics; Three
Ways of Looking at a Child's Narrative'. They elicited narratives by
giving prompts, telling own experiences first, than asking theirs.

best regards

Akke de Blauw

A.T.deBlauw at uva.nl
University of Amsterdam
Amsterdam Center for Language and Communication
Project Precursors of Narrative Ability