requests for copies

Gordon, Peter pgordon at exchange.tc.columbia.edu
Thu Apr 3 03:45:43 UTC 2008

We might need some clarification on replying to the individual's e-mail address and avoiding broadcasting responses.  On my system, which is outlook express, on the incoming message, I see on the header:

info-childes at google.com on behalf of Brian Macwhinney (or whoever posted the message)

It's not so obvious that you have to click on Brian's name to reveal the actual e-mail address which is hyperlinked.  It seems that to send just to Brian, you have to copy this address and create a new e-mail and paste this address onto it.  It does not seem that you can write to the individual by doing a "reply" and then just choosing Brian, because his name doesn't show up on the reply function, only on the incoming e-mail.   It's a bit ungainly, but doable if you figure that not everyone needs to see your response.

Hope this wasn't too confusing,

Peter

Peter Gordon, Associate Professor
525 W 120th St. Box 180