Indonesian corpus

Uri Tadmor uritadmor at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 02:13:21 UTC 2008

I'd just like to add that in addition to a transcription in
conventional (romanized) orthography, each utterance is also
phonetically transcribed, glossed, and translated into English.  So
you don't need any prior familiarity with Indonesian in order to use
the database.  Each of the 8 children was recorded at average 10-day
intervals for 2 to 4 years, so the database is ideal for longitudinal
studies.  I hope you have as much fun working with it as we've had
compiling it.  Thanks so much, Brian, for your help and encouragement
which made it possible for us to post the database on CHILDES.

If you have any question or comment about the Indonesian child
language database, please feel free to contact me at

uri at cbn.net.id

Uri Tadmor

On Apr 14, 3:07 am, Brian MacWhinney <m... at cmu.edu> wrote:
> Dear Info-CHILDES,
>     I am happy to announce the addition to CHILDES of a very large
> corpus of data on the acquisition of Jakarta Indonesian contributed by
> David GIl and Uri Tadmor of the MPI-EVA in Leipzig.  The study tracks
> eight children with an age range, varying by child, from 1;6 up to
> 8;9.  This is the first corpus from an Austronesian language and its
> addition to CHILDES is most welcome.  The readme file is attached.
>
> --Brian MacWhinney
>
>  jakarta.pdf
> 146KDownload

Info-CHILDES members: