Child word frequency list?

Paola Colozzo pcolozzo at interchange.ubc.ca
Fri Apr 25 17:47:06 UTC 2008

Hello
We searched far and wide for such data in our lab recently, and have not had much success.

For detailed AoA data, we have relied on the CDI website.

Here are two other sources you may like to consult:

Zeno, Ivens, Millard, & Duvvuri (1995). The educator's word frequency guide, Touchstone Applied Science Associates (TASA), Inc.
It is based on written materials destined to children of all ages.  It provides word frequencies per million for each grade-level from K to high school. Sampled a broad spectrum of reading materials destined to children and teenagers used in schools and colleges throughout the USA.

Moe, Hopkins, & Rush (1982). The vocabulary of first-grade children. Springfiled, IL, Charles C. Thomas.
Compilation of words spoken by first-grade children compiled in 1974 to 1981
Language samples obtained at different times during the first grade year from 329 children and resulted in 6412 different words from a corpus of over 285 000 spoken words

Perhaps your search will be more fruitful.
Best of luck,
Paola