Question on bilingual language acquisition from non-native speaker

Aliyah MORGENSTERN morgen at idf.ext.jussieu.fr
Sun Dec 14 13:38:10 UTC 2008

This was exactly what I was getting at in my answer to you Kristin,
and I don't know what scientific work could really help you with that.
There are so many personal, individual variables... I think in the end
you will FEEL what language you want to speak with your son once you
have him in your arms...that's what happened to me when I had my kids.
in my case it was French. my sister spoke English...
If you are really really eager to use English, and want to give it a
try, why not, if you speak German to him, don't worry SO MUCH, we all
know a lot of German people whose English is absolutely wonderful, you
are probably a good example...and will find ways to help him become as
fluent as possible.
My best,
Aliyah Morgenstern