IPA fonts

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Fri Feb 1 08:37:07 UTC 2008

Dear Carolyn,

Yes, that is right.  There is a chart, but it is not a part of Keyman,
but rather the SIL keyboard that you install under Keyman.  And the
chart is actually just a page of the manual.  Perhaps you will want to
print it out.

All the instructions are at the CHILDES web site, if you click on the
link that says "Unicode and IPA for Windows".  For IPA, you just need
to read the last paragraph.  In my instructions, I have tried not to
repeat material from the SIL and Keyman packages, instead just
providing a link to their site.  However, there are a couple of
difficult points in the installationand you can read what I have on my
page to try to help you get past those confusing points.  By the way,
I have not yet tried all of this with Vista.

--Brian MacWhinney