Linguistics&Language Sciences Web Page - AAAS

Lise Menn lise.menn at colorado.edu
Sun Feb 10 20:02:58 UTC 2008

Hi, I know this topic is a bit general for our group, but AAAS is
really worth joining. Apologies for duplicate postings.

        The Linguistics&Language Sciences web page for the American
Association Advancement of Science (AAAS) is now up and running,
thanks to the help of many people. Check it out!

       Go to http://www.aaas.org/aboutaaas/organization/sections/ling.shtml,
or if you forget, just Google AAAS and enter Linguistics in the search
query box that will come up on the left side of the page, and follow
the obvious links.

       Student memberships are only $75, SCIENCE is included, and you
can get an on-line subscription to
SCIENCE if you start by becoming a member online. It's the one of the
best ways to keep up with major
developments in related sciences, and with the news that other folks
are reading about linguistics, psycholinguistics, and language
acquisition.

      Also, AAAS is meeting in Boston this year, Feb 14-18; you can
still register if you want to go. We'll be
posting a list of symposia of interest to linguists and other folks in
language development shortly.