Italian D'Odorico corpus

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Tue Feb 26 10:24:09 UTC 2008

Dear Info-CHILDES,
    I am happy to announce the addition to CHILDES of a new corpus on
the acquisition of Italian.  This is the D'Odorico corpus from Laura
D'Odorico and Mirco Fasolo of the Università degli Studi di Milano-
Bicocca with assistance from Nicoletta Salerni and Alessandra
Assanelli.  The corpus includes six children who were observed three
times each during the period between 1;0 and 2;0.  Development was
also assessed with the Italian CDI.  Mother-child play sessions were
videorecorded.
    Because of the strange things that computers do with the
apostrophe, we refer to this as the D_Odorico corpus.  Apologies to
Laura for having to change the apostrophe to an underscore.  Many
thanks to everyone in this project for this nice contribution.

--Brian MacWhinney