Nonword repetition tasks

George Allen alleng at msu.edu
Wed Jan 23 22:33:35 UTC 2008

Susanne,

I developed the TAKI task to examine biases in the perception and
production of syllable stress. It uses three pairs of stimuli, two
disyllabic and one trisyllabic. The two members of each pair are
identical with respect to consonant and vowel structure, with one
member of the pair having initial stress, the other final stress. I
have used this task with (American) English, (southern) French,
(Salzburg Austrian) German, and (Stockholm) Swedish 3-5 year olds, and
Lisa Goffman has also used it with (American) English children. Let me
know if you would like additional information about this task.

George Allen, PhD, Professor Emeritus
Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824
Email: alleng at msu.edu; Voice: 517.353.5976; Fax: 517.353.9553