Videos/Films about Bilingual Language Development or Language use?

Santelmann, Lynn santelmannl at pdx.edu
Thu Jan 31 18:12:08 UTC 2008

I have a small amount of money for 'curricular enhancement' and would
like to buy a video or two about bilingualism. Ideally, I'd like one
video that describes/demonstrates bilingual language development and
one that talks about bilingual language use (e.g., code switching,
language choice issues, perhaps language planning issues, etc.)

Can anyone recommend videos that talk about either of these topics?
Note: We have vidoes on bilingual classrooms/classroom practices. I'm
really looking more for the linguistics/language development side of
things.

Thanks.

Lynn Santelmann
Applied Linguistics