References on language test translation/adaptation

Dan I. Slobin slobin at berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 13 18:04:39 UTC 2008

Dear Tobias,

Are you interested in sign languages too?  Nini Hoiting has made a
version of the MCDI in Sign Language of the Netherlands;
Judy Reilly has done the same for American Sign Language.  I'm cc'ing
this to them.

Best,
Dan

At 05:29 AM 3/13/2008, you wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>I am currently searching for literature (for my dissertation)
>regarding translation/adaptation of languages tests from one
>language to aonther language. I found a few articles on the
>translation of the PPVT to Spanish, and the translation of the McArthur-Bates.
>
>Does anyone on this list know about articles (and the like) that
>deal with the problem of translating language tests into another language?
>
>I would collect all replies and provide a complete list of
>references on this topic to this list later on.
>
>Many thanks in advance,
>
>regrads,
>
>Tobias

Dan I. Slobin, Professor of the Graduate School
Professor Emeritus of Psychology and Linguistics

Department of Psychology        email: slobin at berkeley.edu
3210 Tolman #1650                 phone (Dept):  1-510-642-5292
University of California             phone (home): 1-510-848-1769
Berkeley, CA 94720-1650         fax: 1-510-642-5293
USA                                      http://ihd.berkeley.edu/slobin.htm