Three Lecturerships at the University of Plymouth

Kirsten Abbot-Smith kirsten.abbot-smith at plymouth.ac.uk
Wed Sep 10 09:29:41 UTC 2008

Our Head of Department has just told me that 'Applied' can include 'Child Language Acquisition Research' (!) as long as the applicants are good. So that being the case, I'd like to draw your attention to three vacant Lecturerships (which are permanent academic positions in the UK). You might also be interested in our Babylab website:

http://www.plymouthbabylab.org/

Lecturerships in Psychology (3 Posts)

School of Psychology

Faculty of Science

Ref: A0761

Salary £34793 to £41545 pa - Grade 8

Plymouth

The School of Psychology was ranked 5 in the last RAE and rated excellent in our last Teaching Quality Assessment. We are looking to make three permanent lectureship appointments to strengthen our current staffing.

You will have a strong research track record in your field of expertise, as demonstrated through publication and income generation. We will consider applications from strong candidates in any area of psychology, but would particularly welcome candidates in the areas of Applied Psychology, Health Psychology, or Neuropsychology.

Currently, the School has several established research groups: Applied Psychology, Cognition, Neuropsychology, Social and Developmental Psychology, Vision (for full details see www.psy.plymouth.ac.uk<http://www.psy.plymouth.ac.uk>). You would be expected to contribute to one or more of these research groups, or be involved in the creation of a new research group.

For an informal discussion, please contact Professor Tim Perfect, Head of School by email tim.perfect at plymouth.ac.uk<mailto:tim.perfect at plymouth.ac.uk> although applications must be made in accordance with the details shown below.

CLOSING DATE: 12 NOON, FRIDAY 19 SEPTEMBER 2008

Job Description & Further Particulars

Application forms can be downloaded into the following formats:

    * Word 6

    * Rich Text

    * Adobe Acrobat

Application Forms & Additional Information must be returned to Human Resources, University of Plymouth by email to: jobs at plymouth.ac.uk<mailto:jobs at plymouth.ac.uk> or by post to the address stated on the application form.

If you experience any problems in downloading any of the above information, please telephone Recruitment Services on 01752 588225.

Dr. Kirsten Abbot-Smith
School of Psychology
University of Plymouth
B213 Portland Square