Novel Word Learning- Article Search

kohne005 at umn.edu kohne005 at umn.edu
Mon Dec 21 23:02:22 UTC 2009

Hi Jennifer and all,
The following reference looks at the initial stage of word learning in both
languages of bilingual preschool children:

Kan, P.F. & Kohnert, K. (2008). Fast mapping by bilingual preschool
children. Journal of Child Language, 35, 495-514.

Dr. Kan's dissertation (2009) looks at novel word learning in both
languages of bilingual 3-5 year olds over 3 additional training sessions,

Happy holidays,

Kathryn Kohnert
Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences
University of Minnesota