latest research on Arabic acquisition

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Sun Jan 11 18:27:12 UTC 2009

It is great to hear that there are so many theses on Arabic ad so many
tests. I wonder if any of these theses are based on any recorded data
that could be contributed to CHILDES.  Currently, Arabic is the only
major international language for which we have no monolingual
acquisition data in CHILDES.  There are recordings from bilingual
Moroccan-Dutch children in the AarsenBos corpus, but no monolingual
data at all.

In terms of tools for transcribing and analyzing Arabic, the site at
semtalk.talkbank.org has some useful information.

-- Brian MacWhinney