online transcript browser

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Sun May 3 14:09:41 UTC 2009

Dear Jean,

Very good suggestion.  It may be a bit tricky to implement this, but
the recent change in file format should make this easier.  What we did
a few months ago was to introduce a header line declaring the exact
nature of the video, thereby removing media names from the bullets and
putting a single name up at the top.  So, perhaps a program can track
this and construct the type of information you are suggesting.
      As you see, one of the things that pops up right away with  a
facility like this is the contrast between being able to study child
language interactions with and without media.  It makes a huge
difference doesn't it?  All the more reason for us to try to link some
of these great transcripts (such as the Gleason corpus) to the
respective media, right?  :)

Best wishes,

-- Brian MacW