Job listing for Assistant Professor of Education

Diane Beals diane-beals at utulsa.edu
Mon Oct 5 14:13:10 UTC 2009

ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF EDUCATION

The University of Tulsa invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant
Professor of Education, commencing August 2010. Our dual mission is to
expand the knowledge base in education and prepare students to be effective
teachers and public intellectuals. We seek a scholar with a Ph.D. or Ed.D.
(all requirements completed by August 1, 2010), an active research agenda
and teaching experience in K-12 schools. Area of research is open, but the
successful candidate will be able to teach courses in some of the following
areas: reading, teaching exceptional children, social studies methods, or
children¹s literature.  Responsibilities include pursuing an agenda of
scholarship and research, teaching courses in teacher education
undergraduate and graduate programs, supervising student-teachers and/or
coordinating field placements.  Research interest in urban education is
desirable given our school's location and ties to local schools.  Review of
applications begins November 1, 2009, and continues until the position is
filled. Send hard copies: (1) letter of application specifically addressing
qualifications and research experience, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) three
letters of reference, and (4) two samples of scholarly writing to:

D. Thomas Benediktson
Interim Director
School of Education
The University of Tulsa
800 South Tucker Drive
Tulsa, OK 74104-3189

The University of Tulsa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.

--
Diane E. Beals, Ed.D.
Associate Professor
diane-beals at utulsa.edu