'Culture and Context' faculty position at Penn State

Ping Li pingpsu at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 18:02:50 UTC 2009

Dear Colleagues,

Please share the following info with colleagues who might be interested.
Thanks,

Ping Li

---------------

The Department of Psychology at Penn State (http://psych.la.psu.edu/) is
recruiting (rank open) for one or more psychologists to contribute to a
departmental initiative on “context and culture.”  We are interested in
applicants whose work examines the role of cultural and contextual factors
in psychological processes and outcomes, especially candidates whose work
will add to research and outreach that involves communities of various
cultural and ethnic backgrounds. Successful candidates with expertise in any
of several research specializations would join one of the department’s
graduate training areas (clinical, cognitive, developmental,
industrial/organizational, and social), would have rich opportunities for
collaboration within the department and across the campus, and could if
desired also affiliate with our neuroscience initiative and award-winning
graduate specialization in cognitive and affective neuroscience. Possible
areas of specialization include but are not limited to the role of culture
in translational research, social justice, contextual influences on affect
and emotion, diversity in the workforce, multiculturalism and clinical
practice, and gender in context.  We are particularly interested in
candidates who will contribute to existing strengths in the department.
Applicants who could also contribute to an overarching department initiative
to enhance diversity and our understanding of diversity are particularly
encouraged to apply.   Candidates are expected to have a record of
excellence in research and teaching, and a history or promise of external
funding. Review of applications will continue until the positions are
filled. Candidates should submit a letter of application including concise
statements of research and teaching interests, a CV, at least three letters
of recommendation, and selected (p)reprints. Electronic submission of these
materials is strongly preferred; please send to PsychApplications at psu.edu,
noting Box D in the subject line.  If you cannot submit electronically,
applications can be mailed to Judy Bowman, 124 Moore, Department of
Psychology, Penn State, University Park, PA, 16802. We especially encourage
applications from individuals of diverse backgrounds.  Penn State is
committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its
workforce.

Ping Li, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology, Linguistics, Information Sciences & Technology
Department of Psychology and Center for Language Science
Pennsylvania State University
University Park, PA 16802, USA
Email: pul8 at psu.edu
http://cogsci.psu.edu