RA Position at Stanford

Anne Fernald afernald at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 1 18:43:33 UTC 2010

Please bring this announcement to the attention of talented and highly
motivated students you know who are looking for a research position
studying language processing by infants and young children:

Lab manager In Anne Fernald's research group at Stanford University

Social Science RA position in the Department of Psychology to conduct
research on the development of spoken language understanding by
infants and young children. Primary responsibilities include running
experiments with children from 6 months to 5 years of age;  coding and
analyzing data; maintaining detailed research records; developing
experimental stimuli; training and supervising undergraduates who help
with testing and coding. This position is centered at our main lab on
the Stanford campus where studies with English-learning children are
the focus.  However, our research group also runs a flourishing
community lab where we work with Spanish-learning children, and a
mobile lab van in which we conduct outreach studies with English-
learning children living in diverse circumstances.

This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Minimum two-year
commitment.  Start date: Spring 2010

Qualifications: Recommended background and skills include B.A. degree
in Psychology or related field; previous research experience working
with children; strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
meticulous attention to detail; facility with computers and software
such as Excel, Photoshop, SPSS. This is an excellent training
opportunity for an energetic and highly motivated person interested in
early language development who would like to join a dynamic research
group.

Please send a letter describing your research experience and goals, a
resume and unofficial college transcript, and a list of references to
Chris Potter  cepotter at stanford.edu.   Review of applications will
begin immediately, and we are hoping to fill this position as soon as
possible.

Anne Fernald, Ph.D.
Dept Psychology and
    Program in Human Biology