IASCL award

Dan I. Slobin slobin at berkeley.edu
Mon Apr 26 17:17:43 UTC 2010

I agree.   Following the family line, Ayhan was
my student and I was Roger's student--along with
Jean Berko Gleason, Courtney Cazden, Ursie
Bellugi, the late Rick Cromer, Melissa
Bowerman,  Jill de Villiers, Mike Maratsos, Laura
Petitto, Helen Tager-Flusberg, Kenji Hakuta, and
more.   It's fitting to establish an award in
Roger's name, and to begin it with honoring Brian
and Catherine, who have carried on his mission so
effectively, for so long, and into the future.

Dan Slobin

At 08:49 AM 4/26/2010, you wrote:
>I'd love to see the proposed award to be in Roger Brown's book. Reading
>his book,
>  "A first language", in a directed reading course with Ayhan Aksu-Koç
>was my first initiation rite to the field of child language in the late
>1980s.
>
>aylin küntay.

>May I add my support for naming the proposed award after Roger Brown?
>It would be lovely to be able to honor at once two people to whom we are
>all so deeply indebted.
>Carol Slater
>Alma College
>
>--
>
>--

Dan I. Slobin, Professor Emeritus of Psychology
and Linguistics, University of California, Berkeley
address:
email: slobin at berkeley.edu
2323 Rose St.                           phone
(home): 1-510-848-1769
Berkeley, CA 94708,
USA
<http://psychology.berkeley.edu/faculty/profiles/dslobin.html>http://psychology.berkeley.edu/faculty/profiles/dslobin.html