Masters Program in Psychology at Bucknell University

Ruth Tincoff ruth.tincoff at bucknell.edu
Fri Dec 10 02:16:54 UTC 2010

Please bring this program to the attention of graduating seniors with whom
you might be working. I am especially interested in students who would like
to work on language development in infants and toddlers.

Thank you!
Ruth

The Master's Program in the Psychology Department at Bucknell
University<http://www.bucknell.edu/x16826.xml>invites applications
from students interested in gaining further research
experience beyond their undergraduate training.

This program is a good match for students who have a strong interest in
research and are motivated to develop their research skills, or are
interested in exploring a new area of research before continuing on to a PhD
program.

Bucknell’s Master's program in psychology is a full-time, two-year program
in general-experimental psychology that leads to the M.S. degree.  Our
program is small and selective, as we accept 2-3 students per year.  Many
students who graduate from our program continue on to a Ph.D.  In recent
years, graduates have enrolled in doctoral programs in many areas of
psychology--clinical, cognitive, human development, neuroscience, social,
behavioral medicine, and others.

Our program has a “research apprentice” model in which students work closely
with their advisors (and sometimes other faculty) on research projects. The
ideal student will be serious about research and will be able to work
independently as well as collaboratively with faculty and other students.
Our master’s students typically receive a full tuition remission plus a
stipend for serving as a teaching assistant. These teaching experiences, in
different courses with different professors, provide students with valuable
breadth in their training.

About Bucknell<http://www.google.com/maps/place?cid=17540622480588794361&q=bucknell+university&fb=1&gl=us&hq=bucknell+university&hnear=Lewisburg,+PA>

   - Highly selective private university situated on 450 acres in central
   Pennsylvania
   - 3,500 undergraduate students, 150 graduate students
   - About three hours from New York City, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ruth Tincoff, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
http://www.facstaff.bucknell.edu/rjt023