Society for Text and Discourse call for submissions

Bobbi corrigan at csd.uwm.edu
Wed Feb 10 17:56:37 UTC 2010

The deadline for submissions to the Twentieth Annual Meeting of the
Society for Text & Discourse is now quickly approaching!
Submissions are due March 1, 2010.

The meeting will be held at the Palmer House Hilton Hotel in Chicago,
IL, Monday through Wednesday, August 16-18, 2010.

We are proud to announce that we have added a final plenary speaker to
our lineup. Dr. Judith Kroll will be speaking on bilingualism.  She
adds to our already distinguished and exciting list of invited
speakers who will address the Society this summer:

Martha Alibali, Gesture and Meaning
Morton Gernsbacher, Why don't most language researchers believe in
mirror neurons?
Judith Kroll, Reading and speaking in two languages: What bilinguals
tell us about language processing
Arthur Graesser, 2010 Awardee, Distinguished Scientific Contribution
Award
Michael Kaschak, 2009 Awardee, Young Investigator Award

In addition, several invited symposia are also being organized on:
Communication and Deception
Comprehension Assessment
Collaborative Dialogue
Improving Comprehension Monitoring and Learning from Text
Reflections on 20 Years of Text & Discourse: A Retrospective by a
Panel of our Fellows

 The CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS is available here.
( http://www.societyfortextanddiscourse.org/conferences/call2010.html
)

Submissions are due March 1, 2010.

We hope to see you all at this summer in Chicago!

Sincerely,
Susan Goldman and Jennifer Wiley
Program Chairs