International Child Phonology Conference 2010 Announcement

Anne Warlaumont anne.warlaumont at memphis.edu
Mon Jan 11 06:04:57 UTC 2010

Dear InfoCHILDES,

For anyone who is interested, below you will find the initial
announcement and call for proposals for the 2010 International Child
Phonology Conference. All are welcome to attend and submit a proposal!

Cheers,

Anne

Anne S. Warlaumont
Ph.D. Student
Speech-Language Pathology
The University of Memphis
807 Jefferson Ave.
Memphis, TN 38105
email: anne.warlaumont at memphis.edu
web: http://umpeople.memphis.edu/awarlmnt

The International Child Phonology Conference will be held in Memphis,
April 9-10 (Friday and Saturday), 2010. This is our call for proposals
due February 8, 2010. Please send to koller at memphis.edu:

1. Authors' names in the order in which you would like them to be
listed in the program
2. Title of presentation
3. An abstract (<200 words)
4. Your preference of presentation format (paper or poster)

We would also be very pleased to hear from any of you who would like
to help coordinate or participate in a symposium on any relevant
topic, so please contact me directly if you have one in mind. Our
approach will be to plan to assign abstracts to the podium presented
papers in such a way that we can maximize the coherency of the topics
that will be presented from the podium in symposia and/or thematic
sessions.

We plan to have a reception on Thursday evening for those who can
arrive by the early evening. We are trying to arrange the meeting for
a downtown hotel, which will allow for fine times on Beale Street,
where the blues is king, and B.B. King’s club may be the king of the
clubs, at the Rock and Soul Museum, at the Gibson Guitar Factory, and
not terribly far from Graceland, where Elvis was king, till, well, you
know, he sort of overdid it, being the king and all.

There are quite a few hotels to choose from  on the downtown trolley
line or extremely near it, so wherever the conference itself is held,
you’ll be able to get there in a few minutes walking or riding.
Memphis is a very nice place to visit; we’ll ride the trolleys and eat
well, and if anyone wants to sleep in a heart-shaped bed near
Graceland, I think it will be possible to find a room for it (but
we’ll leave that to you).  So come early and stay late if you can.

There will also be lots of new and exciting things to talk about in
the world of vocal development, early child phonology,
multilingualism, infant and child speech physiology, evolution of
spoken language, and so on . Many interesting things are going on in
our increasingly expansive world of child phonology. We hope you will
come, give a paper or a poster and enjoy yourselves thoroughly.

Best wishes,
Kim, that is
D. K. Oller
Along with primary aides to the organization,
Linda Jarmulowicz and
Eugene Buder

D. Kimbrough Oller
Professor and Plough Chair of Excellence
School of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology
The University of Memphis
807 Jefferson Avenue
Memphis, TN 38105
USA