Literature on children's understanding of non-literal meaning

beachjade beachjade at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 17:16:39 UTC 2010

And here are a few more:

Friend, M. (2003). What should I do? Language, paralanguage, and behavior
regulation in early childhood. *Journal of Cognition and Development 4*,
161-183.

Friend, M. (2001). The transition from affective to linguistic meaning. *First
Language, 21*, 219-243.

Friend, M. (2000). Developmental changes in sensitivity to vocal
paralanguage. *Developmental Science, 3*, 148-162.

Friend, M. and Bryant, J. B. (2000) A developmental lexical bias in the
interpretation of discrepant messages. *Merrill-Palmer Quarterly, 46*,
140-167.

Best Wishes,
Margaret Friend