High-Amplitude Sucking (HAS) Dissemination

Henny Yeung henny.yeung at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 23:57:12 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

Our group (Infant Studies Centre at UBC Psychology) has developed an
easy-to-use MATLAB implementation of a high-amplitude sucking (HAS)
paradigm. We are eager to share this code, as well as the technical
details of cheap and highly accurate pressures transducers, and other
recommendations on how to implement HAS in a laboratory.

What are your opinions on how best to publicize this? It's not a new
method, but we think it's a vast improvement over existing custom-made
packages, and it's now in a very easy and graphically friendly
interface.

We'd like to try publishing it in a journal somewhere that
developmental psychologists would have access to. Do you think that
this is the kind of thing that the journal "Infancy" might take? If
so, then is empirical data needed as well? We also thought about,
perhaps, Behavior Research Methods (Psychonomic Society Pub).

Just getting people's opinions on this.... thanks in advance for your