CHILDES data coded for directives?

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Tue Jun 29 12:07:05 UTC 2010

Dear Sara,

People have coded directives as a part of a larger speech act coding scheme.  Specifically, data that use the Snow-Ninio INCA system, such as the Rollins or New England corpora have this type of info.  Also the Montreal corpus in French has this in a different format, although it is for older children doing role play.  None of this may be exactly what you are looking for, but it is worth taking a look.

-- Brian MacWhinney