dominant language

Erika Hoff ehoff at fau.edu
Thu Mar 25 14:46:23 UTC 2010

I'd look at work by Kohnert and by Jia and Aaronson because they both talk
about dominant language shift. I would be very interested if someone has an
argument for "dominance" and "balance" as anything other than arbitrary
distinctions. With respect to vocabulary, I find the full range of ratios of
one language to the other.

Erika Hoff