tool to test students(age 7-12) English ability

wyqecho wyqecho at gmail.com
Fri May 7 09:39:30 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am designing a study in which I want to find out the relationship between early English study(as second language) experience and later language ability(both English and mother tongue Chinese).

I need a tool which can be applied to test students(age 7-12) English ability. Last week I tied PPVT-R, but the outcome shows it’s not well-applied to Chinese primary students. Would anyone be able to point me in the direction that I'm looking for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ellen Wang
Ph.D. Student
Children’s Language Development and Education Area
Department of Preschool Education
East China Normal University
Shanghai, China

2010-05-07