new Farsi corpus

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Sat May 15 21:26:44 UTC 2010

Dear Info-CHILDES,
     I am happy to announce the addition to CHILDES of a new corpus on the acquisition of Farsi from Neiloufar Family of the Institute of Cognitive Science in Tehran and COLAJE in Paris.  The corpus is from the girl Lilia between the ages of 1;11 and 2;10 and it is fully linked to audio and fully tagged on the %mor line.  The audio quality is really great and the linkage is very accurate, as you can hear for yourself over the web-based browser at

http://childes.psy.cmu.edu/browser/index.php?url=Other/Farsi/Family/lilia/

Even for those who know no Farsi, I think this corpus will be quite interesting and for those who know Farsi this is a major step forward.
   Many thanks for Neiloufar for this great contribution.

--Brian MacWhinney