Second call for the International Child Phonology Conference

tamar tkp502 at york.ac.uk
Thu Nov 4 17:52:24 UTC 2010

Second call for papers for the International Child Phonology
Conference (ICPC)

June 16-17, 2011 (Pre-conference workshop: June 15)

Deadline for abstracts: December 1, 2010

The International Child Phonology Conference (ICPC) 2011 will take
place at the University of York, England, June 16-17, preceded by a
one-day workshop on cross-linguistic studies of phonetic and/or
phonological development, June 15.

The ICPC has met annually for about 30 years, originally in the
Midwestern American states, as a forum for talks and discussion on any
aspect of children’s phonological development. Presentations deal with
a broad range of topics, covering theoretical and applied concerns,
phonetics and phonology, typical and atypical development, infants,
toddlers and older children, and oral and signed language.

Main conference
We invite proposals for papers and posters covering any aspect of
child phonetics and/or phonology.

Pre-conference workshop on cross-linguistic projects on phonetic and/
or phonological development
We invite submissions for oral presentations reporting on goals,
methods and findings of collaborative cross-linguistic projects on
phonetic and/or phonological development. We welcome either one or two
talks per project; where two talks (and speakers) are planned, one
should focus on the theoretical or practical motivation for the
project and the other on presenting comparative data. No more than two
abstracts should be submitted from any one project. Talks will be
30-45 minutes long, depending on the number of submissions. Talks
which cannot be fitted into the workshop due to time limitations will
be considered for the main conference.

Following the child phonology conference tradition, we will have no
invited speakers.

Abstracts will be peer-reviewed anonymously by members of the
organizing committee.

Conference website
http://yorkconferences.com/Delegate_Information/International_Child_Phonology_Conference.aspx

Abstracts for both the main conference and the workshop (up to 300
words per presentation) should be submitted directly to the conference
website (now accessible). Authors submitting to the main conference
should indicate whether they prefer to present an oral paper or a
poster. Oral presentations will be allocated a 30-minute slot each, to
include a 5-10 minute discussion. The final format of the presentation
will be decided on by the committee.

Key dates
Abstract submission deadline: December 1, 2010
Notification of outcome: January 15, 2011
Registration start:  February 1, 2011
Programme published on website: February 15, 2011

Registration
Early registration, regular: £60
Early registration, student: £30
Late registration (after 1 May), regular: £80
Late registration (after 1 May), student: £40

Accommodation
Some rooms will be available on campus, but we expect that most
participants will want to book a hotel or B&B in town (a 10-minute bus-
ride to campus or a 30-minute walk, typically). There are some links
on the website to help you explore accommodation options. Additional
options can be found using the following link:
http://www.visityork.org/accommodation/hotel-bnbs/default.aspx

For further information please contact the organizers, Marilyn Vihman
(mv509 at york.ac.uk) or Tamar Keren-Portnoy (tkp502 at york.ac.uk).