Extended deadline for abstract submission to the International Child Phonology Conference (ICPC) 2011

Tamar Keren-Portnoy tamar.keren-portnoy at york.ac.uk
Fri Nov 26 11:06:43 UTC 2010

Extended deadline for abstract submission to the International Child
Phonology Conference (ICPC) 2011

June 16-17, 2011 (Pre-conference workshop: June 15)

Deadline for abstracts: January 15, 2011

The International Child Phonology Conference (ICPC) 2011 will take place at
the University of York, England, June 16-17, preceded by a one-day workshop
on cross-linguistic studies of phonetic and/or phonological development,
June 15.

The ICPC has met annually for about 30 years, originally in the Midwestern
American states, as a forum for talks and discussion on any aspect of
children's phonological development. Presentations deal with a broad range
of topics, covering theoretical and applied concerns, phonetics and
phonology, typical and atypical development, infants, toddlers and older
children, and oral and signed language.

Main conference We invite proposals for papers and posters covering any
aspect of child phonetics and/or phonology.

Pre-conference workshop on cross-linguistic projects on phonetic and/or
phonological development We invite submissions for oral presentations
reporting on goals, methods and findings of collaborative cross-linguistic
projects on phonetic and/or phonological development. We welcome either one
or two talks per project; where two talks (and speakers) are planned, one
should focus on the theoretical or practical motivation for the project and
the other on presenting comparative data. No more than two abstracts should
be submitted from any one project. Talks will be 30-45 minutes long,
depending on the number of submissions. Talks which cannot be fitted into
the workshop due to time limitations will be considered for the main
conference.

Following the child phonology conference tradition, we will have no invited
speakers.

Abstracts will be peer-reviewed anonymously by members of the organizing
committee.

Conference website
http://yorkconferences.com/Delegate_Information/International_Child_Phonology_Conference.aspx

Abstracts for both the main conference and the workshop (up to 300 words
per presentation) should be submitted directly to the conference website.
Authors submitting to the main conference should indicate whether they
prefer to present an oral paper or a poster. Oral presentations will be
allocated a 30-minute slot each, to include a 5-10 minute discussion. The
final format of the presentation will be decided on by the committee.

Key dates
Abstract submission: January 15, 2011
Notification of outcome: February 15, 2011
Registration start:  February 15, 2011
Programme published on website: March, 2011

Registration
Early registration, regular: £60
Early registration, student: £30
Late registration (after 1 May), regular: £80
Late registration (after 1 May), student: £40

Accommodation Some rooms will be available on campus, but we expect that
most participants will want to book a hotel or B&B in town (a 10-minute
bus- ride to campus or a 30-minute walk, typically). There are links on our
website to help you to find all of these options.

For further information please contact the organizers, Marilyn Vihman
(mv509 at york.ac.uk) or Tamar Keren-Portnoy (tkp502 at york.ac.uk).

--
Tamar Keren-Portnoy
Dept. of Language and Linguistic Science
Email: tkp502 at york.ac.uk