BUCLD 35 Pre-registration Now Open!

Nick D. ndanis at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 16:29:35 UTC 2010

We are pleased to announce that pre-registration for BUCLD 35 is now
available at:

http://www.bu.edu/bucld/conference-info/registration/

The 35th Annual Boston University Conference on Language Development
will be held at Boston University, November 5 to November 7. Our
invited speakers are:

Keynote Speaker:
Rachel Mayberry, University of California at San Diego
“Nurture and biology in language acquisition: What the hands say”

Plenary Speaker:
William Snyder, University of Connecticut
“Children’s grammatical conservatism: Implications for syntactic
theory”

Lunch Symposium:
“The acquisition of number words: Integrating formal and developmental
perspectives”
Susan Carey, Harvard University
Justin Halberda, Johns Hopkins University
Jeff Lidz, University of Maryland
Julien Musolino, Rutgers University

The Society for Language Development will hold their Annual Symposium
on the same weekend as the BUCLD.  Please note that this year’s SLD
Symposium will be held on the Sunday immediately following the BUCLD,
not the Thursday prior as it has been in past years. Please check
their webpage for the most current information.

“Cognition and Language”
Speakers: Noam Chomsky (MIT) and Randy Gallistel (Rutgers)
Sunday, November 7
2:30 PM – 6:00 PM
George Sherman Union, Boston University

More information on the SLD symposium can be found at:
http://www.bcs.rochester.edu/sld/symposium.html

The full conference schedule is available at:
http://www.bu.edu/bucld/conference-info/schedule/

REMINDER TO STUDENT PRESENTERS:

The Paula Menyuk Student Travel Award 2010 will be given to about 20
student presenters (Bachelor, Master’s or PhD).  The award entails the
reimbursement of travel costs of up to $300. For detailed requirements
and more information please see our website and fill out our
application (http://www.bu.edu/bucld/travel-hotel/travel-award/). The
deadline for receiving applications has been extended to October 4,
2010.

More information about BUCLD, including information about
accommodations in the area, is available at our website:
http://www.bu.edu/bucld

We look forward to seeing you at BUCLD 35!