bilingualism in infants and toddlers

Barbara Pearson bpearson at research.umass.edu
Thu Oct 14 04:27:31 UTC 2010

Dear Michelle,
I do not know which aspects of language you are most interested in, or
how extensive a paper you will be writing, but you might find my book
on bilingual children helpful to get started, especially chapter 7.
The book was written for parents, but you can also find a complete set
of notes for it at my website.  They will point you to work on infants
and toddlers by myself and colleagues, but also by Werker,  Vihman,
Sebastian-Galles, Genesee, Paradis, Meisel, Deuchar, and Leopold among
others.

Raising a Bilingual Child, by Barbara Zurer Pearson, Random House,
2008 (and in Spanish, Bilingual Readers 2010!)
Notes at http://www.zurer.com/pearson/bilingualchild/Notes-newpages3.html

Good luck. (Do not hesitate to write with more specific questions.)

Barbara Pearson

On Oct 13, 2010, at 11:31 PM, michelle Castle wrote:

> I am a paper on bilingualism in infants and toddlers. I would like
> suggestions on credible resources. My email adress is mpc13_98 at yahoo.com
> Thank you
> Michelle Slager

> .

Barbara Zurer Pearson, Ph.D.
Research Associate, Depts of Linguistics and   Communication Disorders
c/o 226 South College
University of Massachusetts Amherst
Amherst MA 01003

bpearson at research.umass.edu