bilingual programs for pre-school aged children

isa barriere barriere.isa at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 09:31:36 UTC 2010

Dear Samantha,

1.  If you go to the website of Yeled V'Yalda Research Institute, you can:
- click on the "Dual Language Policy" and check the references and
bibliography p 14
http://www.yeled.org/res.asp
- check the material posted on the section titled "links" on the website.

2. Prof. Ofelia Garcia has a book that has just come out on the education of
emergent bilinguals titled "educating emergent bilinguals" : I have not read
it yet but Ofelia is usually detailed in her descriptions of programs and
very thorough in compiling her bibliography.

3. Relevant references appear in a book chapter MaryDeBey and I co-wrote:

DeBey, M. & Barriere, I. * (2009) Globalization, Technology and the
Education of Young Children: Understanding the *

World in Two Languages. In O’Connor-Petruso, S.A. & Girelli-Carasi, F.
(Eds.) *Globalization, Technology and Curriculum.* Boston: Pearsons.

Let me know if you have problems obtaining it and I will send it to you.

I hope this helps,

Best,

Isabelle Barriere, PhD