IASCL- Call for the nomination of new officers

edy veneziano edy.veneziano at paris5.sorbonne.fr
Wed Oct 27 20:47:55 UTC 2010

REMINDER

Please send nomination proposals to:  edy,veneziano at parisdescartes.fr

CALL FOR THE NOMINATION OF IASCL OFFICERS

Dear Members,

I am writing to you as the Chair of the Nominating and Appointing
Committee of the International Association for the Study of Child
Language (IASCL). The other two Nominating and Appointing Committee
members are Fred Genesee and Aylin Kuntay,

According to the Statutes of our Association (see the relevant details
at the end of this message and the IASCL website for a full
description), the purpose of this message is to invite members of the
IASCL to send in nominations for IASCL Officers.

At present, the Association has five officers* (the role of Assistant
Treasurer will not be continued past the next Congress), filled as
follows :

President**:

Elena Lieven, Germany

lieven at eva.mpg.de

Vice-President:

Martha Crago, Canada

martha.crago at dal.ca

Secretary:

Ludovica Serratrice, UK

serratrice at manchester.ac.uk

Assistant Secretary:

Brian MacWhinney USA

macw at mac.com

Treasurer:

Anna Theakston, UK

anna.theakston at manchester.ac.uk

Current officers can all be re-nominated for a second term but it is
customary to make new appointments for the roles of President and Vice-
President.

The new positions will be tenable for three years (2011-2014).

Nominations for these positions should reach me at:
edy.veneziano at parisdescartes.fr by December 17th, 2010.

Nomination details should include
- the mailing/emailing address of the nominee
- a brief statement of his/her qualifications for office
- evidence of his/her agreement (signature or email correspondence)
- details of the nominator (who must be a member of the Association).

Looking forward to hearing from you, I send you my very best wishes.

Edy Veneziano
Chair of the IASCL Nominating Committee

Nominating Committee members : Fred Genesee, Aylin Kuntay and  Edy
Veneziano
===========================

* Anyone who would wish to have more details about the functions
attached to these positions may contact the current officers.

** For your convenience, here is the list of 10 out of the 11
personalities who have held the position of President of IASCL from
the 1st UP to the 12th Congress (many thanks to previous and current
Presidents who have contributed to the reconstruction of this list):

listed in alphabetical order
Jean Berko Gleason
Ruth Berman
Gina Conti Ramsden
Philip Dale
Paul Fletcher
Elena Lieven (current)
Brian MacWhinney
Els Oksaar
Catherine Snow
Michael Tomasello

===========================
  Relevant Details of Statutes

The Nominating and Appointing Committee shall be appointed by the
President no later than six months before a congress. It shall consist
of three members, none of whom is currently an officer of the
Association. First, the Committee will request nominations from the
membership for the officers' positions. These nominations will have to
have been approved by the nominees themselves. The Nominating and
Appointing Committee may make additional nominations directly. Second,
the appointment of the officers will be ratified at the Business
Meeting of the Association. In making their selection the members of
the Committee will take into consideration the credentials of the
nominees and the logistics of the organization of the next congress.